Complaint Handling Procedures
At Liberty Leasing Plc we strive to achieve the highest level of customer service and satisfaction at all times. However, if for whatever reason you are unhappy with any aspect of the service or financing you have received from us, we would like to hear from you. We take complaints very seriously and endeavour to resolve them as soon as possible.
This information sheet has been written to provide you, as a valued customer, important information on how to make a complaint and the procedures that we will follow in order to resolve it.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
A complaint can be reported free of charge in person, by telephone (including text message), email, letter or fax to:
- your designated account manager;
- to the Compliance Officer, Lara James (please refer to the final section of this document for contact details); or
- any other member of staff.
Please ensure that when reporting the complaint you give as much detail as possible, including your name, contact details, agreement number (if applicable), what the complaint is about and what you would like the desired outcome to be.
HOW WE WILL HANDLE YOUR COMPLAINT
All complaints received will be fully investigated and dealt with competently, fairly, impartially and promptly.
The individual you contact with details of your complaint will aim to resolve it as soon as reasonably possible. Alternatively, you can request that your complaint be dealt with by the Compliance Officer straightaway.
We will aim to resolve your complaint by close of the third business day following its receipt. Where this is the case, you will receive a summary resolution communication from ourselves.
If it is not possible to resolve your complaint by close of the third business day following its receipt then the Compliance Officer will handle your complaint going forward and the procedure outlined below will be followed:
- You will be sent a prompt written acknowledgment confirming receipt along with a copy of this information sheet.
- We will keep you informed of the progress in resolution of the complaint at regular intervals.
- By the end of 8 weeks following receipt of the complaint we will either send you a final response or a written response:
1. Final Response – this will be in writing and explain the assessment of the complaint and will either:
a. Accept the complaint and, if appropriate, offer redress or remedial action;
b. Offer redress or remedial action without accepting the complaint; or
c. Reject the complaint with reasons and we will enclose a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet and inform you that, if you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may now refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
2. Written Response – in the unlikely event that your complaint remains unresolved after eight weeks, we will write to you and explain why we are unable to make a final response and will indicate when we hope to be able to send you a final response. We will also inform you that you may now refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and enclose a copy of their explanatory leaflet.
We have intentionally made our complaints handling procedure simple to follow, so that you should not have to use a solicitor or seek professional help. If you choose to do this, we will not meet your costs.
INDEPENDENT REVIEW OF YOUR COMPLAINT
Should you become dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint, or, remain dissatisfied following our final or written response, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), free of charge. The FOS offers a free, independent service for customers to solve disputes with financial firms and will be able to review your complaint if:
- you qualify as an eligible complainant
- it falls within the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction
- it does not fall outside the relevant time limits.
The Financial Ombudsman Service will only deal with your complaint if you have given us the opportunity to put matters right, so please contact us first and we will do all we can to help you.
The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are set out below.
Compliance Officer – Lara James
Liberty Leasing Plc Telephone: 02382 023138
Liberty House Fax: 02382 023149
Brook Avenue Email: email@example.com
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower Telephone: 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4 567
London Fax: 020 7964 1001
E14 9SR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org